L-1A Managers/Executives Visa Guide
L-1A is a nonimmigrant visa category that allows a foreign executive or manager to come to the U.S. for up to 7 years and manage a U.S. company. The L-1 category also allows the spouse and children of the applicant to come with them and have the ability to work and study in the U.S. L-1A is the perfect visa for companies starting out or for executives who may want to eventually immigrate to the U.S.
Process & Services | Cost
Our Process: From an L-1A Visa to a EB-1C Green Card
STEP 1: CONSULTATION
Once we understand the ultimate goals of the executive manager, we will provide a very clear plan on how to achieve those goals and how to achieve the perfect balance between speed, budget, work, and success.
STEP 2: B-1 VISA
For many startup operations, we secure for the executive manager a B-1 Business visa, which will allow them to stay for a year prior to applying for the L-1A visa. This will give them enough time to build up the company and have the needed documentation when they later apply for the extension or green card.
STEP 3: L-1A VISA
1) If the executive manager is in the U.S., we prepare the L-1A application and assist the applicant in changing their B-1 or B-2 status to the L-1A status.
2) After our successful L-1A filing, we continue to represent the executive manager and their company when there is a fraud investigation on their company. During these fraud investigations, an officer from the government will visit the company and interview the employees and managers at the company to determine if the L-1A application was truthful.
3) If the executive manager needs to return back to their home country, we assist the executive manager in obtaining a L-1A visa so they may return to the United States.
STEP 4: EXTEND L-1A
STEP 5: EB-1C GREEN CARD
Before the L-1A expires, we will help the executive manager extend their L-1A status.
Once the U.S. company is established and ready to file for a green card, we will help the executive manager apply for the EB-1C so their whole family will be able to obtain green cards.
- Attorney Representation
- Employment Verification
- Assignment Letter
- Supporting Document Support
- Fraud Investigation Representation
- Business Plan**
- Credential Evaluation**
- Expert Opinion Evaluation**
- Translation and Authentication**
- L-1A Legal Fee: $5,000*
- L-1A Extension Fee: $5,000*
*Legal Fees vary based on complexity of each case, and the above quoted price represents the amount we charge for a typical case.
**For some cases these additional legal documents are required and is not included the legal fee quoted above. To get a better evaluation of the cost, please contact us for a free consultation.