L-1B Specialized Skill Workers Visa Guide
The L-1B visa is an employment-based, nonimmigrant visa category that allows US employers to transfer an employee with specialized knowledge from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its US offices, and work there for up to three years. Specialized knowledge refers to special knowledge possessed by an individual of the petitioning organization’s product, service, research, equipment, techniques, management, or any other business interests. It can also refer to advanced level knowledge or expertise in the organizations processes or procedures.
Process & Services | Cost
Our Process: From Start To Finish
STEP 1: CONSULTATION
Client comes in for a strategy session where we advise them on the best road to take. This is the vital first step to take since making the wrong decision can cause problems later down the road.
STEP 2: B-1 VISA
For many cases, we set up a B-1 Tourist Visa first. This allows clients to set up their business for 1 year to lead up to an L-1B.
STEP 3: L-1B VISA
1) To switch from a B-1 to an L-1B, you need to apply for a "change of status". We will help you by creating a L-1B application complete with an attorney brief and supporting documents.
2) We represent you during the fraud investigation.
3) We serve as your intermediary during the interview back at your country.
STEP 4: EXTEND L-1B
We will help you extend your L-1B status for 1 year
- Attorney Representation
- Employment Verification
- Assignment Letter
- Supporting Document Support
- Fraud Investigation Representation
- Business Plan**
- Credential Evaluation**
- Expert Opinion Evaluation**
- Translation and Authentication**
- L-1B Legal Fee: $5,000*
- L-1B Extension Fee: $5,000*
*Legal Fees vary based on complexity of each case, and the above quoted price represents the amount we charge for a typical case.
**For some cases these additional legal documents are required and is not included the legal fee quoted above. To get a better evaluation of the cost, please contact us for a free consultation.